I want to set the Search Settings options on a site collection to specify a Search Center and use the option "Do not show scopes dropdown, and default to target results page".
What should the "SRCH_SITE_DROPDOWN_MOD" be?
$osite.allproperties["SRCH_ENH_FTR_URL"] = "$PortalURL/search/Pages" $osite.allproperties["SRCH_SITE_DROPDOWN_MOD"] = "HideDD_useDefaultScope" $osite.allproperties["SRCH_TRAGET_RESULTS_PAGE"] = "$PortalURL/search/_layouts/OSSSearchResults.aspx"
I found a page where they enumerate the options but there's 11 on this page and only 8 in the drop down and I can't tell which is which (yes that's my comment at the bottom).
- Edited by Keith Work Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:35 PM
The documentation is sparse on this. The following description might help.
The DropDownModeEx property supports the following values:
• HideScopeDD: Do not show the search scopes drop-down list.
• ShowDD: Show the drop-down menu, and include the search scopes defined both for the SSP and the site collection.
• ShowDD_DefaultURL: This option has the same behavior as the ShowDD option, but provides the default selection on what is provided in a query string.
• ShowDD_DefaultContextual: This option has the same behavior as the ShowDD option, but provides the default selection on the first scope in the list that is identified as the most relevant contextual scope.
• ShowDD_NoContextual: Shows the search drop-down list with only the SSP-defined scopes.
• ShowDD_NoContextual_DefaultURL: This option has the same behavior as the ShowDD_NoContextual option, but provides the default selection for the query string.
Thanks Manish. I'm not sure I understand your choices completely but I assume there's a different setting for each of the 8 choices in the SharePoint settings page, right? So what I seem to want is HideScopeDD_DefaultURL (if it existed), right? Which to me seems the same as HideDD_useDefaultScope. but that doesn't do it - it defaults to the local site, not my Enterprise Search results like I've told it to.
I just want my users to have an experience the same as most web sites - whatever page you search on, you get the same result list on the same page.
I guess I'll just have to set it manually on each of my site collections. it seems kinda crazy that there's not a 1 to 1 correlation between options on the menu and settings...
Welcome to SharePoint I guess. :)
- Edited by Keith Work Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:42 PM