Remotely logout RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Skype for Business on cloud.

I am giving guest credentials to a client for a videocall and, at the end of the call, I would like to:

1) change account password

2) remotely log him out from Skype for Business

I noticed that "/remotelogout" chat command exists for Skype ... nothing similar for Skype for Business ?

Thanks,

Monday, June 27, 2016 1:34 PM

All replies

• You could probably just disable the user account:

then change the password in AD, re-enable the user account. Should prompt for new credentials on the open S4B client at next action.

Monday, June 27, 2016 2:00 PM
  • I can't find a way to disable.

I tried resetting password, denying login but already logged-on user can still use skype4business.

I suspect there is no a way to do this.

Monday, June 27, 2016 2:31 PM
  • are you asking for this ?

see this article 

https://www.cosocommunity.com/hc/en-us/articles/203987823-Disable-Office-365-Lync-for-Integration

Disable your Users use of Office 365 Lync Online
    If you are adding users to Office 365, or already have users on Office 365 you must Edit the E3/E4 plan for the user by going into their licensing and un-checking the Lync box in thier plan.

1. Login to the Office 365 Admin Portal
    2. In the left menu of the Office 365 admin page click on "users and groups"
    3. Identify the user you want to change and click on the name in the list
    4. You will see checkboxes for each service that is part of their plan, un-check the box next to Lync Online and click save (This will turn off Lync for them on Office 365)

Disable your Domain for use with Office 365 Lync Online
    2. In the left menu of the admin page click on "domains"
    3. Find the domain in the list you wish to change that click the "Active" link next to it
    4. Click "Change Domain Purpose" 
    5. Un-check the box next to Lync so that domain will not be used for Lync any longer
    6. Follow instuctions to save your changes

Disable your Public IM or use with Office 365 Lync Online
    2. In the top-right Admin drop-down menu select Lync
    3. Click on Organization, then External Communications
    4. Un-check the box labelled for Public IM connectivity
    5. Click SAVE

1. Sign in to Office 365 with your work or school account as a global admin. Learn how to sign in.

2. Select the app launcher icon Office 365 app launcher icon in the upper-left and choose Admin.

3. In the admin center, choose Users > Active users.

Your screen might look like either of the following screenshots:

Screen shot of the Users menu in the Office 365 Admin Center, with Active Users selected.

Screen shot of the Users menu in the new Office 365 Admin Center, with Active users selected.

4. Select the boxes next to the user accounts that you want to delete. and then choose More Delete users.

Delete multiple user accounts from the Office 365 Admin Center.
    5. On the Delete user page, choose Delete >Close .

NOTE: For information on restoring users, see Delete or restore users.

Following Links covers assign and remove Lync Online licence using Lync online control panel.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Assign-or-remove-licenses-for-Office-365-for-business-997596b5-4173-4627-b915-36abac6786dc?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

Regards, Rajukb

This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Monday, June 27, 2016 2:57 PM
  • I don't know why the picture I posted didn't work, try this at the skype control panel:

Monday, June 27, 2016 3:06 PM
  • Hi Bryan,

I can't find that setting in Azure Skype4business .. probably it is enabled only on premises installations ?

Monday, June 27, 2016 3:38 PM
  • Might just be, I've only got experience with on-premises deployments. Doing so effectively just saves a click to Disable users from Lync/S4B. If there's an Azure control panel way to edit a user's details - things like SIP address, policies applied, etc, there should be a check box that is checked to Enable for Skype For Business. Uncheck it if it's there and Commit or Save the change.
    Monday, June 27, 2016 4:07 PM