Using PCNSCFG to delete or disable target name it does not find it. RRS feed

• Question

•  

We have 1 site with ILM installed and 18 different sites which will have IIFP/PCNS installed, but 14 off the sites have IIFP/PCNS already installed. On two of the sites I receive the following error:

When I run pcnscfg list it shows me two targets the one the correct one and another with a previous target name I ahve deleted but with a CNF: ffc832fb-..(both are different). When I try to delete/disable this target it can't find the target. Is there another way to remove this Target as PCNS still uses this target to sent the passwords to but it can't find it and gives me a 6025 error in eventviewer.

Monday, June 30, 2008 5:54 PM

Answers

•  

If replication is working properly, but you are still seeing the issue, you can use a tool like ADSIEdit to search for the incorrect target object and delete it manually. PCNS stores the target object definitions in AD. You can locate these by searching for objects with ObjectClass='mS-MIIS-PCNS-Target'.

Monday, July 7, 2008 5:10 PM
  • I have fix the error by select "Advanced Features" and then select System and then PCNS were this specific target was and I have deleted it, all ok now. 

Monday, July 7, 2008 6:10 PM

All replies

• When running pcnscfg LIST on a domain controller that works, do you see both entries? If not, I’d make sure replication is functioning properly on the two problem childs.

Saturday, July 5, 2008 8:21 AM
  •  

If replication is working properly, but you are still seeing the issue, you can use a tool like ADSIEdit to search for the incorrect target object and delete it manually. PCNS stores the target object definitions in AD. You can locate these by searching for objects with ObjectClass='mS-MIIS-PCNS-Target'.

Monday, July 7, 2008 5:10 PM
  • I have fix the error by select "Advanced Features" and then select System and then PCNS were this specific target was and I have deleted it, all ok now. 

Monday, July 7, 2008 6:10 PM