WIN 7 64 BIT DOWNLOAD RRS feed

• Question

• When I downloaded the Win 7 64 bit file it came with an extension for  *.iso DLM.
    How do I copy this file to a DVD
    I have the Nero DVD progam but it does not see the  *.iso DLM file  
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:36 AM

Answers

• The "DLM" extension seen on the ISO ending  was for the Download Manager that was provided. The download never finished and now likely won't since the date now is the deadline for finishing downloads in progress. No new downloads however since that ended 2/10/09.

Right click and choose properties to see how large the file is. If it only shows somewhere in the hundreds of mbs nothing will work! The only option would be double clicking on it to see if the download manager will finish. The downloads here failed a few times only seeing some 350-400mb total with the finished downloads for both releases seeing 3.15gb for the 64bit and 2.43gb for the 32bit releases with the 64bit release showing "7000.xxxxxx-xxxx ..." with "_EN_DVD.ISO" at the very end.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Legend,
    you should be able to burn with Nero or other image programs, make sure that you are using the right steps,

below you will find some steps whic will guide you throgh, hope this helps

First, fire up NERO and select "Burn Image" from the "File" menu:

Notice where the type of file is now ".nrg":

Click on the drop down box and select "All Files":

You will get a the following dialog box. *DO NOT* change anything unless you know what you are doing. Just click on OK:

From here it's just like any other CD. Click on "Burn":

Select your CD Writer:

The Burn window will come up. When your CD Writer ejects the disc you are done.

hope this helps
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:54 AM
  • Hi

DLM extension means your file is probably damaged because download is incomplete

Try to burn it, but it probably will not run

Download is discontinued so, you can try to find install from somewhere else or to try to recover and extract files with some software as iso buster. If you extract files you can run setup from within running windows vista by running setup from extracted files

If you are sure iso file is ok, you must know that setup can goes very slow at some points, and it may require about 15 minutes to continue. So if setup run wait at least 30 min before to decide there is a problem
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:01 AM
  • The "DLM" extension seen on the ISO ending  was for the Download Manager that was provided. The download never finished and now likely won't since the date now is the deadline for finishing downloads in progress. No new downloads however since that ended 2/10/09.

Right click and choose properties to see how large the file is. If it only shows somewhere in the hundreds of mbs nothing will work! The only option would be double clicking on it to see if the download manager will finish. The downloads here failed a few times only seeing some 350-400mb total with the finished downloads for both releases seeing 3.15gb for the 64bit and 2.43gb for the 32bit releases with the 64bit release showing "7000.xxxxxx-xxxx ..." with "_EN_DVD.ISO" at the very end.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:59 AM
  • not everything is lost guys :)

just google the exact name of W7 beta ISO file you were trying to get from MS and you will find it re-posted for download on some torrent  sites.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:54 PM
  • hi
    I already downloaded w7 32 after finished i found the downloaded file with extention "aspx" 2.43 giga not iso
    please tell me what to do
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 11:14 PM
  • Just to comment, Win7 is able to burn ISO's natively.  Just right click on the file and select "Burn disk image"
    - John
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 11:35 PM
    Answerer