Stuck In Outbox Emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a site connected over a WAN link back to Exchange 2013.  Bandwidth is in abundance, in addition no significant latency between the two sites.  Most of the office have complained with emails getting stuck from within Outlook 2010.  Outlook states it's online and doesn't at any stage drop it's connection.  The message "Sending message # of #" appears, but no errors or instances of any visual faults appear to the end users.

To counter the problem the users are closing Outlook and then re-opening the mail clients to force the emails to be successfully sent.

We aren't experiencing any similar issues at our other sites.

My apologies for not providing more information, as I don't have any at the moment.  I'm at the very early stages of my troubling shooting process.  My skill set on issues like this are limited so I would appreciate any suggestions or initial ways to delve further into the problem to determine a root cause.

Until I obtain more information from my own research or on here I'm going to enable logging for the receive and send connector services.

Thanks

Thursday, June 8, 2017 4:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If this issue only occur on the site that connected over a WAN link back to Exchange 2013, then I would consider it's network problem between two sites.

Try to ping the IP address of Exchange 2013 from that site to check the packet loss rate.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 2:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If this issue only occur on the site that connected over a WAN link back to Exchange 2013, then I would consider it's network problem between two sites.

Try to ping the IP address of Exchange 2013 from that site to check the packet loss rate.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 2:28 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.  Sorry for not responding sooner to this thread.

We tested from OWA at this site and didn't experience this problem.  We have also setup a test workstation VM at this site with a test user who also hasn't experienced this problem.

My receive connector verbose logging didn't show anything that assisted with this problem.

Throughout my short time in my current position we have experienced some weird issues with Outlook 2010, also in conjunction with Cached Exchange Mode.  I'm starting to think this issue maybe be more of a software problem.  To resolve these problems we have disabled the cache, deleted the OST file, and then re-enabled cache mode.

We're going to give this a try and see what happens.

Thanks

Thursday, July 6, 2017 12:17 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates now? If this issue is related to software problem, I would make sure outlook is the latest version, and try to create a new outlook profile for a test. Except outlook problem itself, I would look into other AV software that could be related to this issue.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li

Thursday, July 13, 2017 1:32 AM