Uninstall App-V Client on Server 2008R2 Foundation RRS feed

• Question

• On one of our servers Shadow copy is not working. The problem seems to be identical to this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvclients/thread/5c5dafad-4b1f-4189-b8af-cea7c277721a

The only solution provided in the linked thread seems to uninstall the App-V client. How can I do this on 2008R2? App-V is not listed under Control Panel -> Programs and I can not find it in the Server Manager. It seems to be installed by default or with another component as the App-V Client service is listed under Computer Management->Services.

My Questions:

How to uninstall the App-V client?

Is there any depency so we may face problems after uninstallation?

Thanks for help!

EDIT: Just noticed that Office 2010 is installed on this server. Is App-V part of Office 2010? How to remove only the App-V client?

Best regards

Sebastian Koch, ilexius GmbH

Monday, October 25, 2010 8:54 AM

Answers

• If Office 2010 was installed as a part of the Office 2010 Click-to-Run installer, then the App-V client will be installed along with it. If the App-V client is not listed seperately, then perhaps it will be removed when you uninstall Office 2010.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, November 6, 2010 11:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:02 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 10:43 AM