The A/V Authentication Service cannot be contacted. Connections that require Firewall traversal will not be successful. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

Running Lync 2010 with OCS 2007 R2. Currently at the step of bringing the Lync Edge up to replace the OCS one. The Lync edge works in every aspect except that calls to and from the PSTN will not work. The call can be made and answered however the audio stream never starts.

I am getting an error message in my mediation server logs - 

"The A/V Authentication Service cannot be contacted. Connections that require Firewall traversal will not be successful."

So I assume there is a communication issue of some sort although the logs are very vague.

I can successfully telnet (resolving the internal IP) from the mediation server to the edge on ports 5061,5062,443

I can successfully telnet (resolving the internal IP) from the edge server to the mediation server on ports 5067, 5068, 5070

I have double checked certificates and they all look ok. I have noticed that when I apply a certificate to an interface on the edge it gives a warning about certificate revocation not being able to be checked. However I can successfully download the CRL from the edge using internet explorer.

I have spent hours on this and cant seem to crack it!

Thanks,

Andrew

Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:43 PM

All replies