SharePoint Foundation 2010 - SPsite not discovered RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we are facing some isssues with our SharePoint 2010 farm.

I wanted to target a monitor on Class "SharePoint site in Spweb application", please see "Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Management Pack Guide.docx"
    I was quite surprised that the SPSite objects are not discovered.

MPs installed: "Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010", Version 14.0.4744.1000; "Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products",Version 14.0.4744.1000
    Initial configuration was without errors. Discovery for the farm seems to work without errors:
    Farms is discovered, Servers, Web Applications, etc.

But teh SP Sites are not. Does somebody know why these objects are missing ?
    I exported the MPs.
    I didn't find a discovery for Class "Microsoft.SharePoint.Foundation.2010.SPWebApplication.SPSite".

Any solution ? Would be great if I could have the SP sites discovered by these MPs.

Thanks for your help.

Sebastian

Friday, February 15, 2013 6:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Nicholas,

the link shows "only" some ideas for the config-file.

In the meantime I have written a small MP which handels our special requests on SPSite monitoring.

At first glance I didn't find a possibility do integrate my onw monitorign  into the HealthState of the original MP's stuff.

We will live with the current situation: Our monitoring and recoveries work well. The Views are visible in the original MP's View Folder.

Thanks for you help.

I would close this thread.

Sebastian

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, March 4, 2013 7:37 AM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 8:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try the latest version of the MPs and see if the SPsite can be discovered:

Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4419

Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13819

Regarding the configurations, please also refer to:

Configuring the SharePoint 2010 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2690744

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Nicholas Li Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:51 AM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:49 AM
  • Hi Nicholas,

I tried.

But no luck, inside the *.msi I found the MPs version 14.0.4744.1000

thanks

sebastian

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:19 PM
  • Hi,

Please double check the configurations referring to the KB article; and I also found the following about the configurations:

Tips on using the SharePoint 2010 Management Pack for OpsMgr 2007

http://blogs.technet.com/b/operationsmgr/archive/2011/03/10/tips-on-using-the-sharepoint-2010-management-pack-for-opsmgr-2007.aspx

If the issue persists, please also capture a screenshot on the issue.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Spam filter Friday, March 1, 2013 7:26 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, March 1, 2013 7:28 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, March 1, 2013 7:28 AM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 5:04 AM
  • Hi Nicholas,

the link shows "only" some ideas for the config-file.

In the meantime I have written a small MP which handels our special requests on SPSite monitoring.

At first glance I didn't find a possibility do integrate my onw monitorign  into the HealthState of the original MP's stuff.

We will live with the current situation: Our monitoring and recoveries work well. The Views are visible in the original MP's View Folder.

Thanks for you help.

I would close this thread.

Sebastian

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, March 4, 2013 7:37 AM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 8:36 AM