the custom form cannot be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. the form required to view this message cannot be displayed contact your administrator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Office Professional 2013 32 bit is installed along with Symantec Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In. refer the below error

This is resolved after deleting FRMCHACHE.DAT at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FORMS\FRMCACHE.DAT. 

Why this message occurs. is there any Office 2013 update need to be installed. Please let me know, 

Regards, Boopathi

Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:48 PM

Answers

• Hi boopathi,

>> the custom form cannot be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. the form required to view this message cannot be displayed contact your administrator

As far as I know, this error usually means that we need to clean Outlook's forms cache. 

To clear the forms cache in Outlook, generally it is suggested to follow the steps below:
    1. Go to File > Options > Advanced > Custom Forms.
    2. Click on Manage Forms > Clear Cache, and then restart Outlook:

If the above doesn't work, as you have mentioned in your post, we can try to resolve this by deleting all the frmcache.dat file and folders that are in the Forms folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FORMS

In your situation, we do not need to install any Update to fix the issue. But it is always recommended to keep the Office application up to date for security and better user experience :)

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 5:43 AM

All replies

• Hi boopathi,

>> the custom form cannot be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. the form required to view this message cannot be displayed contact your administrator

As far as I know, this error usually means that we need to clean Outlook's forms cache. 

To clear the forms cache in Outlook, generally it is suggested to follow the steps below:
    1. Go to File > Options > Advanced > Custom Forms.
    2. Click on Manage Forms > Clear Cache, and then restart Outlook:

If the above doesn't work, as you have mentioned in your post, we can try to resolve this by deleting all the frmcache.dat file and folders that are in the Forms folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FORMS

In your situation, we do not need to install any Update to fix the issue. But it is always recommended to keep the Office application up to date for security and better user experience :)

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 5:43 AM
  • Hi boopathi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue.

If the above reply is helpful, could you please help mark it as answer then others who have a similar query can more easily find the useful one?

Thanks for your understanding and support :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Friday, September 22, 2017 9:38 AM
  • I've applied all the suggested solutions nothing has changed the same crap message appears every time I click on a message stored in Symantec Enterprise Vault.

Please how do I get rid of the message since my company won't let me get rid of Enterprise Vault crap.

thanks

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 10:13 AM
  • I have the same issue for a user every time the click on a message that was sent as a notification to their cell.

Daryl Sensenig Tents For Rent

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 5:04 PM
  • Same issue, still a problem.
    Thursday, October 18, 2018 4:44 PM
  • Thanks this solution worked for me :)

Friday, January 18, 2019 6:53 PM
  • When Outlook makes the change to "outlook" form does it change the attachment, ie fillable PDF to something else? 
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:34 PM