none
Need to add 500 PWA 2010 Resource Records RRS feed

• Question

• Is there an efficient way to add 500 resource records in PWA 2010 Resource Center?  Preferably, I would like to copy the resource records from their existing PWA database to the new database (one company purchased another, combining PWAs), although I am worried about missing a table or two.  If this is not possible I would like to upload them from a spreadsheet.  Or, is there any other way this can be done without having to manually type in data for 500 resource records?   
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hi dennykat,

There is an option to edit the resources in Ms Project where you can edit/create multiple resources in one go. In the Resource Center you need to click on Open so the MS Project is launched

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:56 PM
  • Indeed copying pasting your resources from an Excel spreadsheet into the checked-out enterprise resources pool as explained by Paul would be the solution.

Note that you have to format source (excel) and destination (MS Project) columns in the same order and set the multi level custom fields values with the correct value and separator (".", "-",...) in the Excel file.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 5:02 PM
  • One really good tool to have for this and many other scenarios of Configuration Management is FluentBooks, by FluentPro. I think you can request a trial version on their site to do this initial migration.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 5:23 PM