none
Synchronization Connection missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I created a sychronization connection to AD several months ago and everything appeared to be working fine.   This morning when I clicked on the UPS > Configure Synchronization Connections, I noticed that the connection profile was missing.       No service packs or hotfixes have been applied, so I have no idea how this could have changed.       I just kicked off an incremental to see what would happen.      What effects can I expect if I recreate a new connection and run a full connection?   Will users not be able to access SharePoint?     
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:09 PM

Answers

• do not recreate the connection. Please check if Forefront Identity Manager Service and FIM Sync service are running (in services.msc console) - probably they are stopped, that's why your synchronization connection isn't visible.

Please also check if User Profile Service and User Profile Synchronization service is running.

Regards, Stanisław Delost, MCP, MCTS, MCITP @ NETPRIME.
    Check my SharePoint Blog
    • Marked as answer by XRS Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:37 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:18 PM

All replies

• do not recreate the connection. Please check if Forefront Identity Manager Service and FIM Sync service are running (in services.msc console) - probably they are stopped, that's why your synchronization connection isn't visible.

Please also check if User Profile Service and User Profile Synchronization service is running.

Regards, Stanisław Delost, MCP, MCTS, MCITP @ NETPRIME.
    Check my SharePoint Blog
    • Marked as answer by XRS Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:37 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:18 PM
  • Thanks Stanislaw.   That service did not restart properly after a system reboot.      I manually restarted the service and can see the connection now.    thanks again!!!!
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:39 PM