none
Project Server 2007 - Timesheets missing lines and out of date tasks. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Having a slight problem with the timesheet configuration in out environment. PWA 2007 running on a virtual server with a clustered sql backed end.

Up until about a month ago, when some created a timesheet it auto populated it with there "Day to Day" tasks and any project work they were booked in for. Project managers update there own project plans and admins the day to day tasks.  for some reason when i create a timesheet i only see 2 tasks (day to day, of which there should be 6). It varies from person to person, but everyone is missing some of there default tasks.

I've checked the default timesheet creation mode and it is set to current task assignments. if i open up the day to day project plan i can see that all the tasks end date are well into the future (a year +). However if i open "my tasks" all bar 2 (the same two which do show up on my timesheet) have finished, they are red and show "scheduled finish date has passed".

At a loss, i thougth these tasks were updated from the project plan. Can anyone offer some suggestions, where else to look. all the plans are published and checked in ok.

Thanks

Friday, July 20, 2012 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

four possible reasons come into my mind:

• Check Booking Type in Project Professional: Tools - Build Team from Enterprise. If Booking Type (right column of team resources) is set to proposed, team member will not see tasks in My Tasks and Timesheet.
    • Check value of field Published in Project Professional: Add column - Publish. If it is set to "No", these tasks will also be hidden.
    • Check assignment owner of missing tasks in Project Professional. Either by double click on task - Information dialog - tab Resource or by using Task Usage view and adding column Assignment Owner. Tasks are displayed for Assignment Owner, not for resource, if they don't match.
    • Check if tasks are closed for update: Server Settings - Close tasks for update. Select project and and see if tasks are selected.

Does anyy of these is true in your case?
    Barbara

Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:00 AM
  • Hi Barbara

Sorry for not replying sooner and many thanks for your responce. I've gone through each of the points above and they all seem normal.

If i edit the finish date on the project plan and publish it, it does not alter the finish date on the "my task" list. Any new tasks show up without issue thou. is there any way to flush out all the old dates which pwa my tasks seem to be holding onto?

This looking like the only way to correct this problem is to create a new day to day tasks project plan.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 3:02 PM
  • Hi,

you can try to enforce a republish: Set column Publish for these tasks to No, publish, set back to Pblish back to Yes and publish once more. Are there any changes?

Moreover, if you compare Finish dates: Finish Date on My Tasks is Finish date of assignment, in a task view in Project client you see the task finish date. For new tasks, they are the same (if there are no special changes). For tasks with some status updates, assignment date can be different. Chnage to a Usage view and add column Finish Date to see what you should expect im My Tasks.

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:05 AM