Add Contacts /Distribution List to Skype For Business on-Prem users end RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I need to add/map more than one distribution Lists to the Skype for business users so that when they Login, they find contacts mapped to their Contacts list.

How can I achieve as an Admin at SFB server.

Note: FYI, Alternate way I already know to tell users to add the same using Skype Client ..

• Edited by Kanta Prasad Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:59 AM Correction
    • Changed type Kanta Prasad Sunday, August 26, 2018 6:39 AM SFB Cmdlets not found
    Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:58 AM

All replies

• It is not possible from the server end, If you still looking for any alternate way ! i will get back to you with the method which Microsoft doesn't recommend  nor support.

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Sunday, August 26, 2018 8:29 PM
  • Hi Kanta,

Based on my test, users in the SFB client could add the distribution list by search the distribution email address manual. As Neeranjan said, I did not find the way to map distribution lists to the all SFB users provided by Microsoft for now.

In addition, you could refer to the following official document to find more about Configure Smart contacts list and check whether help you, it will automatic populate of contact lists. However, it has many limitations, it only applies to the first tome a user logs in and it bases on user's AD group relationship:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/deploy-clients/configure-smart-contacts-list 

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Monday, August 27, 2018 3:09 AM
  • there is no way to add DG in SFB sserver.

But why would you want to add DG in server?

Monday, August 27, 2018 9:06 AM
  • Hi Kanta,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:43 AM