Getting an while capturing image from reference machin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

while trying to capture image from reference machine (Virtual Box environment), i am getting the below error.

Regards,

Midhun

Friday, October 11, 2013 10:33 AM

All replies

• Check : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/553bec59-d795-4b89-8328-19a38161eff3/unable-to-sysprep-and-capture-windows-7-image-using-mdt-2010?forum=mdt

On your Windows 7 reference PC, open the registry editor.  Navigate to HKLM\system\setup.  Look for a multi-string value called "CloneTag".  I'm guessing it's not there.

Add a new multi-string value, name it "CloneTag".  The actual value is not important.  I'm not sure if case on the name is important, so I mimicked what the error suggested.

Export the HKLM\system\setup key and save to a .reg file.

Edit the .reg file, and remove all other entries except for the CloneTag value.

Run the cscript to launch the Task Sequence selector.  Select your Sysprep and Capture Task Sequence.  Enter your credentials, and go.

When it gets to the part where it is executing sysprep, run your .reg file to quickly import the CloneTag multi-string value.  If you see it proceed to PE, then you should be in the clear.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Hollanders, Rens Friday, October 11, 2013 11:47 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Friday, October 11, 2013 7:43 PM
    • Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Saturday, October 12, 2013 5:32 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 10:55 AM
  • CloneTag is a check used by LTISysPrep.wsf to verify that sysprep actually passed.
    If you are not getting CloneTag in your registry, then Sysprep failed. Adding a clonetag entry to the registry simply ignores the underlying problem, and I do *NOT* encourage the work around hack above.

Instead, check the sysprep (panther) logs and find out why Sysprep failed.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Friday, October 11, 2013 7:43 PM