none
Outlook is eating my contact info .................. !

Question

• I have spent a painfully huge amount of time today entering and reentering the same contact info into Outlook .............. and when I "test" retrieve the newly added contact.......it isn't there!  I shouldn't have to "test" retrieve contact info, but after today's experience it appears this is a new support I have to provide for Outlook.  "Testing" doesn't fix the problem, it just prevents me from needing the info and then discovering that Outlook is unwilling to provide it when I need it like what happened today.

To be fair, I do not use the "full name" line, I enter the name info on the "company" line because 12 or 15 years ago I had this same exact problem of Outlook disappearing contacts (not all, just a random few).  Using the company line to enter the contact name info remedied that problem for 15 years and hundreds, maybe thousands of contacts..............until today.

I have tried the "name" only; the different "columns" ways of searching and none of it can find the contact I entered and saved just minutes before.

I have 3,00-ish contacts.  Maybe Outlook is incapable of that big a contact data base?

I am at a loss because nothing I do fixes this maddening problem.

Anyone who can help........................thanks so much.

Friday, December 4, 2015 9:11 PM

Answers

All replies