none
Message Formating RRS feed

• Question

• I am sorry if i am posting this in the wrong section, but i couldn't find a better place to post it. 

I need to reboot computers which i will be doing with the help of CMD command. 

shutdown /r /t 300 /c “Your computer needs to reboot to download a critical security update. The first restart will happen in 5 minutes. Please save your work now. The second restart will happen after all security updates are downloaded and ready for installation." 

When the message comes up on PC it looks juts like the text above. However management is not happy with it and wants it to look something like this.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:21 PM

Answers

• YOU cannot change the nature of teh display - you can only change the text.

Your issue has nothing to do with scripting.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by Eugene1978 Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:54 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:52 PM

All replies

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by Eugene1978 Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:54 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:52 PM

\_(ツ)_/

Thats what i figured and once again sorry for posting in the wrong forum :)
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:55 PM
  • As I agree with you that this is not a scripting issue I disagree a little bit that you cannot change the way Windows shows the text. ;-)  You can actually insert some line breaks like this:
    shutdown /r /t 300 /c "Your computer needs to reboot to download a critical security update.`n`nThe first restart will happen in 5 minutes. Please save your work now.`n`nThe second restart will happen after all security updates are downloaded and ready for installation."
    That looks on my computer almost like the OP wanted it.

Live long and prosper!

(79,108,97,102|%{[char]$_})-join''

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:57 PM
  • As I agree with you that this is not a scripting issue I disagree a little bit that you cannot change the way Windows shows the text. ;-)  You can actually insert some line breaks like this:
    shutdown /r /t 300 /c "Your computer needs to reboot to download a critical security update.`n`nThe first restart will happen in 5 minutes. Please save your work now.`n`nThe second restart will happen after all security updates are downloaded and ready for installation."
    That looks on my computer almost like the OP wanted it.

Live long and prosper!

What?  No little pictures.  That's no fun.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, January 23, 2020 12:44 AM
  • What?  No little pictures.  That's no fun.
    Sometimes life is hard and unfair ...   ;-)  :-D

Live long and prosper!

Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:13 AM