Photo Gallery - Not Displaying Images RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there,

In Vista RC1 with latest updates, running Nvidia GoForce 6200 with 256MB shared video memory, all images will not display in the "Preview" window (aka Windows Photo Gallery - Single Image Display.)

It was working last week.  I turned the PC on today and the window comes up, but the "wait" mouse cursor just sits there.

• Interesting Tidbit - thumbnails work fine
    • Also, full-screen mode works fine
    • If I change to Windows Vista Basic from Aero, and try to open an image with photo gallery the screen cycles between blank (black screen) and the background until I get to close the program.

Do note that I am using 2 displays: 1 LG 19" widescreen on 1440x900 and one internal laptop display at 1280x800.

Hope this helps! Annoying to lose that whole program.

Nick

Monday, October 2, 2006 2:52 PM

All replies

• I'm having the exact same problem.  Running Vista Home Premium x86 on a custom Asus A8N32-SLI deluxe with AMD 64x2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, and an NVIDIA 7800GT.  Double click to open a .jpg and it opens, but cursor just continues to circle on a blank white screen.  No image.  Gallery works fine and shows thumbnails, but that's it.  Please let me know if you find a fix.  I think it is something to do with the Nvidia drivers at this stage.
    Saturday, February 3, 2007 12:02 AM