CANNOT CHANGE DESKTOP BACKGROUND FROM STRETCH AFTER WINDOWS 7 REINSTALL RRS feed

• Question

• Recently had Windows 7 Reinstalled on my Sony VPCCW1Z4E. It was missing a lot of drivers after the reinstall but I have managed to download many and have gained many features back. However, I am unable to change my desktop background from stretch to any other picture position such as fit, tile etc. I have googled this problem and HP laptops had a similar problem however, this problem has not occured on any other laptops.

Thank you.

Monday, January 16, 2012 12:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The issue is mostly caused by incorrect driver. Please remove the current one from Device Manager and install the new one below.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCCW1Z4E/downloads/EP0000230533_5487

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Also, delete all contents from %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes for a test. If the issue persists, you may need to contact Sony support for help.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, January 23, 2012 2:20 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:01 AM

All replies