Remove CAS from hierarchy with SCCM 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have a CAS and two primary sites in SCCM 2012 SP1. We want to move to a single primary site with no CAS and I have heard this will be possible with SCCM 2012 R2 but cannot find any details.

With R2, can we merge the two primary sites and remove the CAS, keeping the site code of one of the primary sites, if so how?

If not, what would be the best way to achieve the desired result?

Friday, October 4, 2013 12:19 AM

Answers

• I haven't heard of this feature being added to R2 (Not that it may not be). As for SP1 and most likely R2, you will need to migrate in order to move to a standalone primary site. So you would setup a new standalone primary and migrate data from your existing settings then deploy the clients or re-assign them to your new site.

Justin Chalfant | My Blog | LinkedIn | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your post

Friday, October 4, 2013 5:01 AM

All replies

• I haven't heard of this feature being added to R2 (Not that it may not be). As for SP1 and most likely R2, you will need to migrate in order to move to a standalone primary site. So you would setup a new standalone primary and migrate data from your existing settings then deploy the clients or re-assign them to your new site.

Justin Chalfant | My Blog | LinkedIn | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your post

Friday, October 4, 2013 5:01 AM
  • Justin is correct. A migration is your only option for this.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Saturday, October 5, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Thanks for your help
    Monday, October 7, 2013 9:36 PM