Internet not working after Windows Updates. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! :-)
    I just bought myself a new computer, built it from scratch and installed a OS. No problems at this point.
    As I connect to the router and internet, I have no problems at all, surfing the internet with no problem at all. I install antivirus, drivers etc.
    And as usual there is the Windows Update, i have about 170 updates available, it downloads and install with no problems, it ask me reboot the system, and that's what i'll do. When i come back to my desktop, the wireless-internett symbol will tell me that i am connected to the internet. When I start my browser this is not the case. It starts to switch between having internet and not having internet, tells me that it is connected then it is not.

I have tried to update drivers, system restore, re-install the computer, but with no luck.

So my question is:

My network is working before installing any updates from Windows Update, but not afterward. What can i do?

Tech.specs:
    SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB 2.5"
    HDD: WD Desktop Green 3TB
    Antivirus: Avast Free Antivirus 2014
    Motherbord: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Socket-1150
    CPU: Intel I7 4770K 3,5GHz
    RAM: Kingston DDR3 HyperX Beast 16Gb
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB PhysX CUDA
    Wireless Adapter: TP-LINK TL-WDN3200 11n
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:14 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Thank you for sharing your experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. 

If you have any further question on the current situation, please do not hesitate to tell us.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, December 8, 2013 5:34 PM
    Saturday, November 23, 2013 3:42 PM

All replies

• Instead of Microsoft optional driver update use drivers from support page

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z87-GD65-GAMING.html#download

Perhaps the network driver is behind your troubles

Regards

Milos

Friday, November 22, 2013 4:22 PM
  • Apparently you are referring to problems with your TP-Link wireless USB adapter.  If so, I suggest you ensure you have the driver and utility software installed published by TP-Link found @ http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=tl-wdn3200#down

If you're still having problems than you should contact TP-Link for assistance.  If there is a problem with the driver or the software TP-Link will have to provide an update to resolve the problem.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Edited by Rick Dee Friday, November 22, 2013 4:48 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Apparently Windows Update made a mess in my network configs, I checked the Event Viewer, and in was telling me something about DNS errors, so i had to change both my DNS and IP-adress. I used Googles DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and now it works with no problem at all.

Thanks for putting my attention to the wireless adapter! :-)

Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:24 AM
  • Hi ,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Thank you for sharing your experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. 

If you have any further question on the current situation, please do not hesitate to tell us.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, December 8, 2013 5:34 PM
    Saturday, November 23, 2013 3:42 PM