Azure RMS RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

I got an experienced for the RMS with iPhone.  I have enrolled an account for RMS evaluation from aadrm portal.  I have registered two acounts for testing purpose.  First of all, I have download the apps from apple store and install it on my iphone.  After installation, I have tried to encrypted the photos through existing photo library.  I follwed the instructions to do so.  I have two choices and the third choices is dim which is "Custom Permission". The only two choices "Shared" and "Protected".  I am able to encrypt the photo and sent out to the designated users.  It returns an error on sharing permission.  What is going wrong?  On the other hand, is the in placed photo will be encrpted or not?  I have returned to photo library the format remains unchanged. 

Secondly, I have registered Widnows Azure.   As heard from tecnical engineer-MS, they told me that MS has an Azure RMS dedicated cloud platform.  Is it a centralised platform for user management?  I would like managed all user in Azure cloud services.  Please let me know?

For the permission assigned, I also have an experience before with PC encrypted document file(s) where I used ms office 2013. 

Finally, I woul like to get more Windows Azure information.  Can you give me some implementation note and technical requirements?

Regards

Stanley                                              

Friday, December 13, 2013 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Stanely,

Some answers for your questions:

" I have two choices and the third choices is dim which is "Custom Permission""

>>> "Custom Permissions" is currently not supported and but will be available soon. It allows you to give permissions to specific people (i.e. email addresses) inside or outside your organization (i.e. account).

>>> "It returns an error on sharing permission."

It is not clear to me what happened here, can you please elaborate? Did the designated user get the sharing permissions when he tried to open the document using RMS sharing app? did it happen on the same device?

>>> "On the other hand, is the in placed photo will be encrpted or not?  I have returned to photo library the format remains unchanged. 

When you choose a photo from your Photos gallery, the photo is copied and encrypted using RMS and can be sent in a protected file format (called PFILE).

The original photo in your Photos library app remains unchanged, because it is currently impossible to use RMS to protect the photos that are in your photos library app. You can of course choose to delete the original photo itself after you protect and share it.

About the rest of your questions,

- Windows Azure provides deep documentation and tutorials which you can find here: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/

You can use Windows Azure Active Directory to manage all the users in your organization, as explained there.

Azure RMS is the new RMS technology which RMS sharing app uses. You can build your own applications that uses Azure RMS too. Please refer to the following links to find more information on Azure RMS:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rms/archive/2013/11/15/the-new-microsoft-rms-has-shipped.aspx

You might also want to read Azure RMS whitepaper here:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/rms/archive/2013/07/31/the-new-microsoft-rights-management-services-whitepaper.aspx

Best regards,

Yair

• Proposed as answer by Cohen Yair Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:02 AM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:02 AM