Bad System Config Info RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone! 

My laptop is a lenovo think pad. My problems is that a blue screen with 'Bad system config info' appears every time I opened my computer. I have tried different solutions from the internet but they didn't work. Maybe I was using the wrong methods and now I'm stuck. My situation is:

-unable to reset the computer ('there was a problem resetting your pc. no changes were made')

-system restore failed ('you must enable system protection on this drive')

-startup setting failed to enable safe mode)

-unable to uninstall updates, both quality and feature updates

-I also tried the command prompt but seems did not work 

is there any other solutions for this problem??? suggesting useful information is also welcomed!!!!!!

thank you!!!!!

Sunday, July 5, 2020 5:13 PM

All replies

• When the computer is powered on what do you see and hear?

Are you unable to logon without BSOD?

Bad system config is bugcheck 74.

This often indicates registry corruption.

What are the status of the important computer files?
    a) backup images available
    b) backup files available
    c) no backup images or files and there are important files that need to be saved
    d) no backup images or files and there are no important files that need to be saved

Find two or three flash drives that you can format (> or = 8 GB).

These can be used to create tools to backup files, test drives, troubleshoot, etc.

Indicate if these are available.

Please remember to vote and to mark the replies as answers if they help.

On the bottom of each post there is:

Propose as answer = answered the question

On the left side of each post:  Vote = a helpful post

Sunday, July 5, 2020 5:40 PM
  • Hello, thank you for your reply!

when I turned on the computer, there is a lenovo logo, with 'preparing automatic repair' at the bottom, then a command prompt screen quickily pops in and pops out, then a lenovo logo, with 'diagnosing your pc' at the bottom. the blue screen 'Automatic repair' appears, it says 'your pc did not start correctly...'. 

I am unable to logon without bsod, even if I clicked on 'continue, exit and continue to windows 10', it remains the same blue screen.

I'm not sure about my status of my computer files, but I tried backing up my filed in the command prompt according to some sites. However, resetting everything is my last resort.

I downloaded the media creation tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/software-download/windows10) in a CD, but I do not know what to do next. 

I worried if I made wrong moves as I type something in the command prompt, I didn't know much about how to repair the computer and I've tried to solve it for three days without progressing, which is quite frustrating.

Monday, July 6, 2020 7:26 AM
  • Hey guys,

Just want to update yall, after I backed up my files, I reinstalled my windows 10 through the media creation tool, then I updated my display adapter... I successfully opened my windows 10 again! hurray!

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 4:22 PM
  • Nice!

Consider making free or pay backup images:

(aoemi, acronis, easeus, macrium, pragon, etc.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 8:10 PM