Multiple Session on Win XP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have been looking around on the internet for a way to have multiple terminal sessions on my Windows XP computer so multiple people from our domain can connect, is there actually a way for this to happen?? If show, I would love an expiation or a link to a site where I can find one.

All there is required is for 2-3 domain users to be able to connect to it at the same time without kicking each other off the connection.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:46 AM

All replies

• Not sure exactally what you wish to do but you can use this free program from Microsoft.

Connect with up to 15 people in different locations and get your point across by showing them what's on your screen. Share, review, and update documents with multiple people in real time. A Windows Live ID (Passport, Hotmail, or MSN) is required to start sessions, but not to join sessions. New in version 1.0: we have added a web based join experience to make SharedView even easier.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/results.aspx?freetext=Microsoft+SharedView&displaylang=en&stype=s_basic

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 5:46 PM
  • Hello, I have been looking around on the internet for a way to have multiple terminal sessions on my Windows XP computer so multiple people from our domain can connect, is there actually a way for this to happen?? If show, I would love an expiation or a link to a site where I can find one.

All there is required is for 2-3 domain users to be able to connect to it at the same time without kicking each other off the connection.

Even if you would find such a "hack" (I know 100% sure it existed for XP prior to SP3), it would be illegal. Windows XP stays a client operating system (1 person logs on at a time, no matter if it is by RDP or at the console), not a terminal server (). The technical limitation is built in because of licensing, not because it would technically impossible to create and use multiple user sessions at the same time.
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 6:58 PM