none
Configure the Backup BizTalk Server 2013 R2 Job to backup to Blob store RRS feed

• Question

• With BizTalk 2016 Feature Pack 2 you got the ability to backup the BizTalk databases to a Blob store. Configure the Backup BizTalk Server Job Starting with BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Pack 2, you can backup your databases and log files to an Azure blob storage account.

Would you be still supported by Microsoft if you changed the Backup Job is BizTalk 2013 R2 to backup to a blob store?   Especially if you ever had to recover your environment using those backups.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:32 AM

All replies

• BizTalk 2013 R2 is out of main-stream support anyway now, you won't get support for a lot.

A backup is only as good as the restore.  You should be testing your backups as it is anyway, so I don't see why you don't try it and see?  If it works, then fantastic.

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)
    Read my articles on: BizTalk | .NET

Friday, July 3, 2020 11:54 AM
  • Reply for month old thread... :)

I guess! we can put the backup of BizTalk databases into Azure as we just need to give the BLOB Azure URL in the place of disk location. 

But I dont see we would get MS support (for 2013 R2) in case of disaster event, as this backup are used in log shipping for DR environment. 

Monday, July 27, 2020 8:00 AM