none
Group Policy - How to setup gp for users to change desktop at first and then next time they login the desktop is different

Question

• Hi Microsoft,

I need to setup a group policy - in which when users first time login, they see a default wallpaper / background and then they change to their desired one and then next time they login again, they see that same default wallpaper / background again even they change it but that default wallpaper has appeared up again.

Please reply asap I am waiting

Cheers

Haris

Thursday, June 4, 2015 7:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

May I know what knid of the profile you use? Roaming profile or Mandatory Profile?

If you use the Mandatory profile then the change made by the user would not applied in the next time.

If you use the Roaming profile then the user could customized their user settings  such as their desktop wallpaper.

You can check the below link for more reference:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738303%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Elaine 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 6:48 AM

All replies