none
Problem Creating Simple NTFS Volume on Dynamic Disk Used by DPM2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a DPM2010 server with a 20TB dynamic disk. There are 7.5TB unallocated space...the rest being used by DPM.

I tried creating a simple 200GB NTFS volume in the unallocated space. The volume creation wizard initialized and allowed me to go through all the steps of creating the volume, but when I finished the wizard, nothing happened, the volume is not created and Disk Management is unresponsive.

How can I regain the responsive of disk management so it at least kicks out some error I can deal with without corrupting the dynamic disk?

How can I create the simple volume? Do I have to temporarily stop DPM2010? If so how do I completely stop it so I can proceed with creating the 200GB simple volume?

Thanks,

Scott

Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:17 PM

Answers

• Issue self-solved. Volume was created after all, but the GUI interface of Computer Mgmt had frozen.
    • Marked as answer by mcintoshs Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:41 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott,

Is the disk added to DPM? Because it is not supported to use a disk for both DPM and other purposes. Therefore it is not possible to create a disk in the allocated space of the disk.

Regards,

Bart Timmermans

KPN Consulting - Technical Consultant www.bart-timmermans.nl

Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Issue self-solved. Volume was created after all, but the GUI interface of Computer Mgmt had frozen.
    • Marked as answer by mcintoshs Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:41 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:41 PM