none
How to display how many days my tasks is late? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm looking for decision how to display the number of days in my project and for any task that is late, according to progress line. I can display the progress line, I can insert the new field with status but I need to display how many days of some tasks are late?Thanks :)

Boriana Petrova MCT, MCTS, MCITP, MOS- Master

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Boriana,

Progress line and finish variance are 2 different features:

• Progress line is calculated based on the status date or any given progress date,
    • Finish variance is calculated as follow : finish - baseline finish

Thus it might be the expected behavior to have a progress line showing different information than the finish variance.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:35 PM

All replies

• If you baselined the plan before entering any progress, then the finish variance measures the difference between the scheduled finish and the baseline finish, which is one definition of "late".
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:00 AM
  • Hi,

You could use a formula in a task custom field :

iif([%Complete]<>100,"DateDiff("d",[Baseline Finish],[Status Date]))

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:21 PM
  • Actually, I need to have only the number of the delayed days displayed in accordance with the progress line. As you can see there are 18 days Finish Var. but the progress line displays only 6 of them. Can you please explain how to show these 6 days?

Boriana Petrova MCT, MCTS, MCITP, MOS- Master

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:23 PM
  • Hi Boriana,

Progress line and finish variance are 2 different features:

• Progress line is calculated based on the status date or any given progress date,
    • Finish variance is calculated as follow : finish - baseline finish

Thus it might be the expected behavior to have a progress line showing different information than the finish variance.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:35 PM