Set language Project Web App [Solved] RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning all,
    I have trouble with language and location settings for an user in Azure.
    These user can not set properly italian languange and Italy location when he uses Project Web App.

Can I set them using PowerShell?

Thanks
    Federico

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 9:10 AM

Answers

• Hi, Federico,

It seems you have some confusion about the steps, let me explain it a bit more.

The following steps are for the end user:

To change your personal language and region settings, you will need to click your name or picture at the top of any SharePoint or Microsoft 365 site. For now there a bit differences on the options, you will need to click on the my office file.

Then click Update profile.

Click the link under How can I change language and regional settings?

Then change the settings:

The following are for site admins. If you are not an site admin or not sure what that means, please contact your IT:

Please goes to the project site, change the language settings in that site. Make sure you select Italian language for that site. In that way, the personal language settings can be displayed.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, June 12, 2020 1:47 AM

All replies

• Hi, Federico,

For setting language, please first change your personal language and region settings. Then goes to the project site, change the language settings in that site. Make sure you select Italian language for that site. In that way, the personal language settings can be displayed.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 2:39 AM
  • Dear Jerry,
    thanks for your reply.

User can not change his personal language and location.

Final user can see just these settings:

Best regards
    Federico

Thursday, June 11, 2020 7:54 AM
  • Hi, Federico,

It seems you have some confusion about the steps, let me explain it a bit more.

The following steps are for the end user:

To change your personal language and region settings, you will need to click your name or picture at the top of any SharePoint or Microsoft 365 site. For now there a bit differences on the options, you will need to click on the my office file.

Then click Update profile.

Click the link under How can I change language and regional settings?

Then change the settings:

The following are for site admins. If you are not an site admin or not sure what that means, please contact your IT:

Please goes to the project site, change the language settings in that site. Make sure you select Italian language for that site. In that way, the personal language settings can be displayed.

Best Regards

Jerry

Friday, June 12, 2020 1:47 AM
  • Dear Jerry,
    thank so much for your help.

I will keep you update tomorrow!

Thanks
    Best regards
    Federico

Monday, June 15, 2020 7:04 PM
  • Hi, Federico,

How is your test going? Do you have any further question?

Best Regards

Jerry

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:17 AM
  • Dear Jerry,

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

User under option "How can I change language and regional settings?" has configured Italian for TimeZone.

It seems to work properly at the moment.

Thanks so much

Federico

Thursday, June 18, 2020 12:05 PM
  • Hi, Federico,

Glad to hear you get it worked now. Please mark the reply with solution as answer. It will help other community members with similar questions to find the answer easily.

Best Regards

Jerry

Friday, June 19, 2020 1:11 AM
  • Dear Jerry,
    Thanks for your help.
    I can not accesso to management page of Sharepoint.
    I think that other option about language are controlled by this console.
    The main problem was date format and we have solved using your suggested steps!

Best regards
    Federico

Monday, June 22, 2020 8:54 PM