Appointment stuck in outbox RRS feed

All replies

• Hi jlongjr,

Welcome to our forum.

In order to narrow down the issue, please help us confirm the following questions:
    1.Can you send meeting request successfully expect for Skype meeting request?
    2.Did this issue only appear on the specific Outlook client?

You could try the troubleshooting steps below:
    1.Rebuild Outlook profile.
    2.Install the latest update for your outlook client.
    3.Use another normal PC test if there is the same issue.

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 1:55 AM
  • in addition to above suggestions, you could re-add SFB add-in to have a test.
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:34 AM
  • Well, I think something else was going on with the computer. The person that created the account was working on a laptop that was at his house over a VPN connection. When he set the appointment outlook was synchronizing (doing a send and receive) and he left his house and the laptop. Basically it got stuck doing a send/receive. The weird thing is the appointment was sent but it was not added to his calendar, it sat in his outbox. When he got to work he looked for the appointment but it wasn't there on his work computer. But you could see it in outlook web when in threaded view and looking at one of the acceptance replies.

That night when he got home I remoted into his computer and it was still stuck doing a send/receive. I canceled the send/receive and forced another send/receive. Then the appointment showed up on the calendar.

Not sure where to go with this now. Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:53 PM
  • Hi jlongir,

Thanks for providing detailed information, but in order to narrow the issue, please help us confirm the question in my first reply.

If you also have issue except for normal meeting request, it may be an outlook issue, please try to reinstall outlook client then test again.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 28, 2017 7:34 AM