none
PWA 2013 - Misalignment of table and Gantt Chart Headers RRS feed

• Question

• This issue was a well known in EPM 2010 caused by a low resolution video settings. But it is happening again but the origin of the problem is not the same because I rise the resolution to well above XGA+ and it did not disappear. The figure below shows the problem (both in English and Portuguese).

This started to happen after editing the view (inserting and changing column positions in the Manage Views option in PWA Settings).

In IE10 or IE9 there is not any workaroud but in Google Chrome just change the width of each column for more or less that the height of the table header goes back to the normal size. And best of all, it corrects also in IE9/10.

Initially I though I set a very narrow column, but in Chrome I set a narrower column and it corrected. For me it looks an issue of a feature to be implemented break line that was not completed.

Does anybody have a better solution?

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

• Edited by R.Segawa Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:37 PM Title correction
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Gary,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, in the former versions of Project Server, screen resolution was an issue that caused this behavior, but not in 2013.

Through a suggestion of PWMather about in a supposed issue in the Google Chrome' ribbon, he solved indirectly this case.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projserv2010setup/thread/c1133cdc-c663-4b8f-a662-562bfc53a8bd

The problem is caused by the browser zoom. If you use zoom in all browsers, including IE, the misalignment of the Gantt timeline header and the table header can happen. In this case just return the zoom to 100% that the problem will disappear. It works even for SVGA.

So in PWA 2013 always use zoom = 100% in all browsers to avoid header misalignment in Gantt views.

• Edited by R.Segawa Monday, May 13, 2013 2:00 AM Explanation clarity
    • Marked as answer by R.Segawa Monday, May 13, 2013 2:00 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 1:57 AM

All replies

• Ricardo:

I think what you are seeing is the result of the work Microsoft did to make all of Project Server cross-browser compatible. I've seen a number of rendering issues like this. You might want to also try changing your screen resolution to see what happens. You should definitely report this as a bug.

The days of tight interface control are over for multiplatform applications.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, April 19, 2013 4:12 AM
  • Hi Gary,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, in the former versions of Project Server, screen resolution was an issue that caused this behavior, but not in 2013.

Through a suggestion of PWMather about in a supposed issue in the Google Chrome' ribbon, he solved indirectly this case.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projserv2010setup/thread/c1133cdc-c663-4b8f-a662-562bfc53a8bd

The problem is caused by the browser zoom. If you use zoom in all browsers, including IE, the misalignment of the Gantt timeline header and the table header can happen. In this case just return the zoom to 100% that the problem will disappear. It works even for SVGA.

So in PWA 2013 always use zoom = 100% in all browsers to avoid header misalignment in Gantt views.

• Edited by R.Segawa Monday, May 13, 2013 2:00 AM Explanation clarity
    • Marked as answer by R.Segawa Monday, May 13, 2013 2:00 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 1:57 AM