none
Res Id and Location not showing up in MSP_EpmResource_UserView RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

If I use below Query it shows me Res Id and Resource Location fields.

SELECT *FROM  dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView

but When I add above fields to below Query, it gives me an error saying Invalid coloumn.

SELECT                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceName as [ResourceName],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceStandardRate as [ResourceStandardRate],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceOvertimeRate as [ResourceOvertimeRate],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceStatusUID as [ResourceStatusUID],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceCode as [ResourceCode],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceCostPerUse as [ResourceCostPerUse],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceEmailAddress as [ResourceEmailAddress],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceInitials as [ResourceInitials],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceMaterialLabel as [ResourceMaterialLabel],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceType as [ResourceType],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceGroup as [ResourceGroup],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceMaxUnits as [ResourceMaxUnits],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceBookingType as [ResourceBookingType],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceTimesheetManagerUID as [ResourceTimesheetManagerUID],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceEarliestAvailableFrom as [ResourceEarliestAvailableFrom],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceLatestAvailableTo as [ResourceLatestAvailableTo],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceCanLevel as [ResourceCanLevel],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceHyperlink as [ResourceHyperlink],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceHyperlinkHref as [ResourceHyperlinkHref],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceNTAccount as [ResourceNTAccount],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceIsActive as [ResourceIsActive],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceIsGeneric as [ResourceIsGeneric],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceIsTeam as [ResourceIsTeam],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceBaseCalendar as [ResourceBaseCalendar],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceWorkgroup as [ResourceWorkgroup],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceClientUniqueId as [ResourceClientUniqueId],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceCostCenter as [ResourceCostCenter],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceCreatedRevisionCounter as [ResourceCreatedRevisionCounter],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceModifiedRevisionCounter as [ResourceModifiedRevisionCounter],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceCreatedDate as [ResourceCreatedDate],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceModifiedDate as [ResourceModifiedDate],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceCount as [ResourceCount],                MSP_EpmResource_UserView.[RBS] as [RBS],                 MSP_EpmResource_UserView.[Cost Type] as [Cost Type]              FROM                dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView             ORDER BY                dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceName           

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• What happens if you right click on the SQL view in SQL Management Studio and click "Select top 1000 rows", are these columns included and does that work? Can you screen shot the SQL columns as they are in the view and send the updated query that fails?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:24 PM
  • Well, Actually I don't have access to the  SQL database.

I am using Excel Data connections, see below to run my queries for Business Intelligence.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:51 PM
  • It sounds like you are not using the correct SQL column names - I'd speak with the SQL DBA so that they can help you with the query.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 7:45 PM
  • Your query is fine.  I ran it.

The issue is either in your connection string, or you don't have access to the table or database or you are running into issues with VPN or firewall.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Friday, May 1, 2015 12:02 AM