Can any one help me to know whether these applications (Adobe applications like Adobe reader, Flash Player, Shock wave are good candidate for sequencing or not? RRS feed

• Question

• I have the below applications to sequence,

Adobe Reader 11.0.02
    Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.171
    Adobe shock wave 12.0
    Silver light 5

I want to know whether these applications are supported for sequencing and what issues i'll face if I sequence them.

If any of the above are good to sequence please provide me any recipe to sequence or steps to do.

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, March 8, 2013 11:26 AM Please do not post questions in the Sequencing Recipe forum
    Friday, March 8, 2013 9:48 AM

Answers

• Because these applications interact with Internet Explorer, they generally aren't good candidates for virtualization. App-V 5 does give some additional options for getting Internet Explorer into the virtual environment for these applications with Connection Groups, so potentially under v5, virtualization might be easier. 

See here for a discussion on v5 and IE plugins: http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/virtualisation/app-v-5-0-delivers-internet-explorer-plugin-nirvana/

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, March 8, 2013 11:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vinodreddy597 Friday, March 8, 2013 1:04 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 11:26 AM