none
MS Project Professional 2010 evaluation download will not install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have downloaded the MS Project 2010 pro evaluation version and it will not install. the guys on the phone wont help as i have not purchased the full version... helpful not...

Can some one help me to get this installed as i want to evaluate some macros which i have access to thanks to Mr Rod Gill, great book by the way, i only have project 2007 so cant see the macros...

The error mesage is "Installation of this package failed" no error code or reference, i have tried to download it twice but same error..

thanks in advance

Phil Monckton

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Phil,

Sometimes this happens when you try to download different Bit version then your system, please make sure that both are either 32-Bit or 64-Bit.

It gives you the Product key on the same page from which you download the application : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/ee404758.aspx

Sapna S
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:08 PM
  • yes it is both 64 bit ....

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:37 PM
  • Is it the first time you are installing the trial version or you are re-installing it? Make sure that you don't have its entry in Control Panel -> add remove programs. Also verify that your system meet all the basic system requirements for 2010.

This message also occurs when the file is not downloaded completely. Try downloading the file on a different computer. Copy the downloaded file onto a pen drive or external device. And then use the file to install it on your computer and check if it helps.

Sapna S
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:45 PM
  • Yes first time installing on my BRAND NEW 64 Bit laptop, My Only Laptop.

Is there any thing else you can suggest ?

regards

Phil Monckton

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:55 PM
  • No it is not listed on the control panel programme list either

regards

Phil

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:58 PM
  • Reboot your system and try installtion again, right click and run the package as Adminitrator. Also refer to :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Sapna S
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:22 PM
  • thanks for you help Sapna.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:25 PM
  • Hi

I downloaded the different versions. What can i do now. My system is 32 bit and the downloaded version of msp is 64. Is anything can be done other than downloading the correct version,

Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:33 PM
  • Hi

I downloaded the different versions. What can i do now. My system is 32 bit and the downloaded version of msp is 64. Is anything can be done other than downloading the correct version,

No, there is no workaround for this situation.

Regards. --Ismet
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:51 PM
  • Thank you Ismet
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:28 AM