Delay in typing and response in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using windows 7 its new, the first time that i am actually using it. I have two browsers using firefox and windows internet explorer 8. The problem i have is there is this delay each time i type. When using my emails, or chatting. It is frustrating to be waiting each time to see what is being typed and to correct any errors in typing. Even while writing now this delay occurs. The problem the same issue is in windows internet and firefox. Can anyone help here?
    Monday, July 5, 2010 1:58 PM

Answers

• Try the other techniques, and check the behavior there (safe mode with network, clean boot).
    • Marked as answer by shypolite Monday, July 12, 2010 1:55 PM
    Monday, July 5, 2010 6:19 PM
  • Hi shypolite,

If the computer is an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) one, since it is new, it is recommended contact the manufacturer to check this issue and see if it is hardware related.

In the meantime, you can check if the issue occurs in Clean Boot to check the issue. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, you can continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Also, this issue can be caused by both wifi and lan are enabled at the same time. Please try disable one of them and test if the issue occurs.

If the machine is a laptop, you can also change its battery to check the result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 6:03 AM
  • check and see if its a windows problem or hardware problem...

Go into your bios screen and use the arrow keys to move around in your menus. if you still get the same delays -- then its a hardware issue, send back for warranty service.

If the delays are gone, then its something in software. it could very well be a keylogger, or other malware-like pgm that Norton cant find (yet). Next try booting in safe mode. open notepad.. check keyboard speed. gone? then its something you load into windows. still there? then its something inside windows.

Follow that pattern & see what shows up.
    • Marked as answer by shypolite Monday, July 12, 2010 1:56 PM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 6:05 AM

All replies

• When did the behavior start - has it always been this way or did start after the addition or removal of hardware or software?

Have you checked the behavior when the system is booted into safe mode with network, clean boot, or with a different user account?

Monday, July 5, 2010 5:43 PM
  • It started from the time i got the computer. I just tried logging on as the administrator to the computer it does the same thing. I am presently logged on as a domain user also with admin privileges.
    Monday, July 5, 2010 6:07 PM
  • Try the other techniques, and check the behavior there (safe mode with network, clean boot).
    Monday, July 5, 2010 6:19 PM
  • Hi shypolite,

If the computer is an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) one, since it is new, it is recommended contact the manufacturer to check this issue and see if it is hardware related.

In the meantime, you can check if the issue occurs in Clean Boot to check the issue. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, you can continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Also, this issue can be caused by both wifi and lan are enabled at the same time. Please try disable one of them and test if the issue occurs.

If the machine is a laptop, you can also change its battery to check the result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 6:03 AM
  • check and see if its a windows problem or hardware problem...

Go into your bios screen and use the arrow keys to move around in your menus. if you still get the same delays -- then its a hardware issue, send back for warranty service.

If the delays are gone, then its something in software. it could very well be a keylogger, or other malware-like pgm that Norton cant find (yet). Next try booting in safe mode. open notepad.. check keyboard speed. gone? then its something you load into windows. still there? then its something inside windows.

Follow that pattern & see what shows up.
    • Marked as answer by shypolite Monday, July 12, 2010 1:56 PM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 6:05 AM
  • Thanks all. i do have a suspicion its something to do with the manufacturers. Because i just set up a new computere and its worst than the one i am using now. I ran it in safe mode did some diagnostics it did run perfectly in safe mode. I then ran it normally and it still has that delay.  I will check the bios to see what i get.Would the keyboard be an issue? that is would the hardware compartibilty problem be the issue?

There is another issue that i have though i hope someone there with networking knowledge can help out. This user was on the internet and she actually downloaded some malware. or some virus via internet explorer. I did deal with it by logging on as an administrator. The problem now is that she was unable to get onto the internet with explorer when she is logged in. when i log in i am able to access the internet. I downloaded Firefox as a temporary fix, it only worked for one day. Now she is unable to access the internet via explorer and Fire Fox. Can anyone give me some advise there? thanks

Friday, July 9, 2010 3:56 PM
  • If the behavior is not present in safe mode, use the technique outlined in the clean boot article to attempt to determine what programs and startup items may be impacting the behavior.

You would want to make sure the system is clean of malware - use scans from the antivirus sofware installed, along with the free version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware.  Other venues/forums specialize more on the cleaning of malware than these forums do, and malware cleaning is not the focus of this forum.

Friday, July 9, 2010 6:00 PM
  • Hi shypolite,

Please submit a new post for the networking issue. J

Monday, July 12, 2010 2:12 AM
  • The networking issue is as follows: A user on the network accidentally or went to a site and got some sort of Mal ware.I was able to log on as an administrator and successfully dealt with that problem. Now this user is now unable to access internet via internet explorer, so i downloaded Firefox. It actually worked for one day. Any user who logs on has no problems, she is the only user with this problems. Could it have been that i deleted some important files from the temp files when i was dealing that Mal ware? Or the Mal ware corrupted the users ability to access the internet? Every other things works that is the user has no other problems and can access network files and documents without any problems.

thanks

Monday, July 12, 2010 2:08 PM
  • I know this is an old thread but thought I'd share my experiences and a very simple fix. I had the exact problem and it was driving me bananas! I eventually used CCleaner which can be found @ http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER. I cleaned all temporary files and the registry and everything was fine. Just be aware of what you are cleaning as you may want to salvage a file you have in the recycle bin for example. It's a neat tool to have anyway and it fixed my delay issues.
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 11:24 AM