none
Can't delete user's redirected folder RRS feed

• Question

• I have old user accounts that I need to purge from the server. I've deleted a few users from the SBS 2008 console and I made sure to check off delete users data but at the end it gave an error saying that the users Redirected folder is still there. I then browsed to C:\Users\RedirectedFolders\userA and tried to right click and choose delete but it says I need "permission to perform this action". I am logged in as Domain Admin and I already have ownership of the users redirected folder. How come I cannot delete it? Shouldn't the folder owner be able to do everything?

• Edited by GlenTech83 Tuesday, February 14, 2017 1:21 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 4:35 PM

Answers

• Did you change ownership on all folders, subfolders and files? Did you verify on the permissions and security tabs in properties of the parent folder that there are no "deny" attributes set and that Full Control is allowed?

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:29 PM

All replies

• Did you change ownership on all folders, subfolders and files? Did you verify on the permissions and security tabs in properties of the parent folder that there are no "deny" attributes set and that Full Control is allowed?

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:29 PM
  • It was an easy fix after checking the permission. Owner was the "DOMAIN\administrators" group not the "administrator" user. Once I changed that, it let me delete that users folder. Thanks!

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:36 PM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved. Also, thank you for taking the time to update the result. Your detail sharing might be helpful for other people who has the similar problem.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:54 AM
  • Thanks.

I was facing the same issue  since last 1 year. Today I just seen your solution and resolve it. I got  22GB free from my Old user who has left the Job.

Thanks a lot.

Shailendra Neema

Shailendra Neema

Saturday, July 20, 2019 5:29 AM