Auto login to SfB through locally connected deskphone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I currently have SfB 2015 deployed, with polycom VVX handsets (201,301 and 401). I've been testing the different methods of 'logging in' to the desktop phones.

So far

- login manually full details (enter log in details to desktop phone) which is really long winded.

- login manually on web console (quicker but still a pain, as I do not want users on web console)

- login manually with pin (fairly quick, most preffered method atm)

- login using BToE connector (but means that the users have to have admin right to use)

The P.C's are connected to phones and phones up to network wall port. So I wondered if there is a protocol that automatically detects the client on the PC logging into SfB and then logs them in on the phone? Any help is much appreciated, even if its to tell me that this is not possible.

Many thanks Lucias

• Edited by LuciasDA Monday, June 24, 2019 8:02 PM
    Monday, June 24, 2019 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Lucias,

Based on my research, I did not find a protocol or a way that automatically detects the client on the PC logging into SfB and then logs them in on the phone for now. It seems this is not possible for now.

I suggest you choose the way you provided to login the Polycom Phones. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:42 AM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:43 AM
  • Hi Lucias,

Is there any update for this issue? 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 7:41 AM