Export a book to Excel on multiple sheets RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to export a whole Proclarity book at once to Excel in a single Excel document. This means each report of the book would be on a different sheet inside this document. Is that possible with 6.3?

Thanks for your help,

Aik

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:42 PM

Answers

•  

I don't believe that to be possible, but a nice work around is to build up the same views in SSRS and in the Tablix properties choose Page Break After option for each grid.  It will dump one workbook and multiple worksheets.

Scott

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:08 PM

All replies

•  

I don't believe that to be possible, but a nice work around is to build up the same views in SSRS and in the Tablix properties choose Page Break After option for each grid.  It will dump one workbook and multiple worksheets.

Scott

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:08 PM
  • I was affraid it might not be possible, thank you Scott for the confirmation.

Aik

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:42 AM
  • The nice thing about ProClarity is that when all else fails, you can add your own features to the product.  Assuming you are wanting to do this in the Professional Client, you can create a custom add-in that would allow you to export the entire briefing book.  I have built my own exports for Word and PowerPoint before. If you are interested in a custom add-in, let me know.

-Jason

BTG Services

Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:39 PM
  • hi Jpicker
    Can u please give me custom addin to exprots to excel?
    Friday, May 8, 2009 1:28 PM