ProClarity Drillthrough - should it be returning atomic level records only? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using ProClarity 6.3 on a ROLAP measure group.  When I use the Drill to Detail feature, all of the records are not at the atomic level.  Do you have to be at a specific place in the hierarchy for it to bring back the records at the grain of the fact table? 

Some of my measures are actually account numbers that are numerics.  I made them measures so I could see them in the drillthrough without having to create an account number dimension off of the fact table, but some of the records have aggregated account numbers. 

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:32 PM

Answers

• I believe I have found the answer to my question.  My ROLAP fact table does not have a primary key and drill through in SSAS 2005 uses MDX, not SQL.  A table without a primary key can produce rollups in MDX drill through even though it returns the correct totals.   

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:02 PM

All replies

• Brenda,

The records that your Drill to Detail/Drillthrough action returns should be from the fact table.  I haven't worked much with ROLAP and Drill to Detail but I would expect the rows returned to be the same as from MOLAP.  The rows returned should reflect all the rows needed to make up the results of the query based on the members you have in that query.  You may want to try to be at the leaf level of all the hierarchies and then run the Drill to Detail and see if those rows make more sense. 

-Joey

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:46 PM
  • I believe I have found the answer to my question.  My ROLAP fact table does not have a primary key and drill through in SSAS 2005 uses MDX, not SQL.  A table without a primary key can produce rollups in MDX drill through even though it returns the correct totals.   

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:02 PM