none
Driver management RRS feed

• Question

• Morning

Im using the latest version of MDT and currently using the Johan Arwidmark way of deploying drivers which works well providing you have the drivers in your Windows 7\x64\%model% .

This question is more about if anyway has a good way to know about driver updates?

for example we have been imaging some dell xps laptop recently all working fine, however one has just come in and the MDT image failed, the reason being that the drivers being different on this hardware to others.

Of course afterwards i went to the dell website, entered in my service tag and downloaded drivers and installed fine.

so does anyone have any good suggestions as to how i could either be notified of these driver updates or a way MDT can get these drivers automatically and keep them updated?

thanks

Friday, December 9, 2016 11:26 AM

All replies

• MDT has no native way of updating drivers automatically. If you are using Dell, they have a wonderful CAB page for multiple models, etc...

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/2065.dell-command-deploy-driver-packs-for-enterprise-client-os-deployment

I have RARELY had an issue with the DELL cabs and are updated on a cycle....

Friday, December 9, 2016 12:25 PM