I have a hp dv6 pavilion running on window 7 x64bit i here by encounter Event ID 10016 at first follow by 10010 after trying to debug RRS feed

• Question

• I have a hp dv6 pavilion running on window 7 x64bit i here by encounter Event ID 10016 at first follow by 10010 after trying to debug

here the information about it could someone help it with it.

COM+ applications use Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) technology in Microsoft Windows operating systems to communicate and take advantage of Windows services. COM technologies include COM+, DCOM, and ActiveX Controls.

An administrator can use the Component Services administrative tool to control the COM + application security policy through configurable settings that are located on the Security tab of the application's properties sheet.

Event Details

Product: Windows Operating System
    ID: 10016
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Version: 6.1
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_DCOM_ACCESS_DENIED_IN_SERVER_ACTIVATION_OR_LAUNCH_PERMISSION
    Message: The %1 permission settings do not grant %2 %3 permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    %4
    to the user %5\%6 SID (%7) from address %8. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services snap-in.

COM+ applications use Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) technology in Microsoft Windows operating systems to communicate and take advantage of Windows services. COM technologies include COM+, DCOM, and ActiveX Controls.

Event Details

Product: Windows Operating System
    ID: 10010
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Version: 6.1
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_RPCSS_SERVER_START_TIMEOUT
    Message: The server %1 did not register with DCOM within the required time-out period.

thanks

Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:14 AM

Answers