SharePoint Forms and InfoPath Views RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a requirement where the new form needs created timestamp and the edit form needs a updated timestamp for an external list.

So I've gone into SPD and fired up InfoPath, which created 3 ifs files. I created views following this article.

The problem seems to be whenever the data is edited using the Edit Form View the created timestamp is also also updated and I cant find a way to stop this. I think the reason for this is that the fields in both the New Form View and Edit Form View share the same datasource, adding an update makes the changes on the datasource ?

Is it possible to have different fields updating using views or any other way?

Thanks

Monday, July 18, 2016 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi orange- how are you getting the timestamp for the external source? I'd suggest using the "Created" field for the view form and another date field for the external source.

cameron rautmann

Monday, July 18, 2016 5:20 PM
  • Hi

Because its an ECT I'm using it doesn't have a Created By. In the DB I have 2 timedate columns Insert Timestamp and Update Timestamp.

So I want the New Form to update the Insert Timestamp only and the Edit Form to update the Update Timestamp only.

This I cant seem to achieve in InfoPath Views because and formula added to the fields in the form updates all the views.

Someone has suggested using InfoPath actions on the submit button as this is independent on views??

Thanks

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 1:57 PM