Outlook 2007 suddenly asks for password when opening RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are running Exchange Server 2007....we have users on both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. I am having a weird issue with one user.

When he opens Outlook 2007, he gets a login box that says Connect to server webmail.mydomain.com (which is our CAS server). If he enters his network password, it accepts it and doesnt prompt again until he closes outlook and opens it again.

I had this user try on a different machine and he did not experience this problem. I have run office repair and created a new profile, both using Autodiscover and another one by creating it manually.

All of his settings match up with all others users. it just something with this particular machine.

any suggestions?

thanks!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:41 PM

Answers

• Delete any other profile that is there in outlook. Any thing with AV? any thing on this VLAN or the subnet?
    Raj
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, December 3, 2009 1:12 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:46 PM

All replies

• Delete any other profile that is there in outlook. Any thing with AV? any thing on this VLAN or the subnet?
    Raj
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, December 3, 2009 1:12 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:46 PM
  • tried removing all profiles, disabled av.....no vlan issues, have others on the same vlan, and dont experience the issue

The user is going to another one of our offices later today....he's going to let me know if it happens there.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:00 PM
  • any update?
    James Luo
    TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:14 AM
  • nothing has changed. He still gets prompted for a password. Could it be a sessions issue on the exchange server?
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:34 AM