RE: Random Vista Shutdown RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All! I have a problem for a month now where my Vista PC will randomly shutdown while surfing the net, playing facebook games or just merely listening to music videos in RealPlayer SP.

I resolved this issue by simply disabling the Windows AC Adapter in the Device Manager. Don't forget to restart your PC for changes to take effect!

This however, might disable your PC's Advanced Power Management feature wherein it won't automatically shutdown when one of your PC's hardware is overheating. Just a guess.

Monday, February 7, 2011 5:32 PM

Answers

• Hi All! I have a problem for a month now where my Vista PC will randomly shutdown while surfing the net, playing facebook games or just merely listening to music videos in RealPlayer SP.

I resolved this issue by simply disabling the Windows AC Adapter in the Device Manager. Don't forget to restart your PC for changes to take effect!

This however, might disable your PC's Advanced Power Management feature wherein it won't automatically shutdown when one of your PC's hardware is overheating. Just a guess.

Thank you for sharing this useful information. This will surely benefit othe memebers in this forum.

Your time and effort is greated appreciated.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, February 11, 2011 7:18 AM

All replies

• The Microsoft AC Adapter component provides support for a Microsoft AC adapter device. This component includes the Microsoft AC Adapter Driver in the cmbatt.sys file. This component also includes the battery.inf file, which is the system-supplied INF (information) file for the battery device class.

Services

There are no services associated with this component.

Associated Components

No other components interact with this component.

Settings

There are no configurable settings for this component.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:36 AM

Thank you for sharing this useful information. This will surely benefit othe memebers in this forum.

Your time and effort is greated appreciated.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, February 11, 2011 7:18 AM