Stop Iphone/Androids any mobile device to access my Wireless network . RRS feed

• Question

• I have a corporate wireless setup but what I noticed as it allows Domain Users or Computers to connect my users are easily able to connect just by typing user name and password for the domain . This is creating lot of issues and I am not very confident how to Block it through Radius /NPS server .

I would like to see only my domain computers connect to wireless network .

Anand Shankar

Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Anand,

Based on my knowledge, we can achieve this via implementing 802.1x wireless authentication.

Related references:

802.1X Authenticated Wireless Access

Use the 802.1X Wizard to Configure NPS Network Policies

Checklist: Configure NPS for Secure Wireless Access

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:19 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Anand - Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:59 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:42 AM
  • I applied all settings but what i noticed i still see people with Iphone etc getting connected to my Wireless lan using domain Id and password .

Anand Shankar

Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:02 PM
  • Under Network Policies what conditions do you have?

On our corp wireless policy we have defined a Windows Groups condition for our Wireless Computers group (Security Group with specific computer accounts in, e.g. shared laptops) and we have another policy that defines a Windows Group for Wireless users (Security group with specific user accounts in). The later allows any user in the group to connect any device - that is heavily restricted.

This way any authorised domain joined computer that is part of the group just works.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:30 PM