error: Attempting to retrive data from a different domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Sharepoint 2007, IE 7 used by users

Recently I did a migration of a site from one server to the other, The migration went on well.

After the migration when the user is trying to access the he get the error message "The Access Datasheet is attempting to retrive data from a different domain. you will be redricted to an error page. contact your system administrator to resolve this error" and is redirected to a page saying "The list cannot be displayed in Datasheet view for one or more of the following reasons: A datasheet component compatible with Windows SharePoint Services is not installed, your browser does not support ActiveX controls, or support for ActiveX controls is disabled"

I have added Alternate Access Mapping but yet i get the same error.

Any solution

Thursday, May 5, 2011 9:14 AM

All replies

• > I have added Alternate Access Mapping but yet i get the same error.

Not surprising as this

(The list cannot be displayed in Datasheet view for one or more of the following reasons: A datasheet component compatible with Windows SharePoint Services is not installed, your browser does not support ActiveX controls, or support for ActiveX controls is disabled")

is a browser and Office problem

1. Your browser must be IE.

and

2. You must have a suitable version of Office (can't be any imitation, must be MS Office) installed on your desktop.

Depending on which Office version it is you will need to have installed the Excel component of it (2003?) or the Access component of it (2007?).

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

Thursday, May 5, 2011 10:08 AM
  • Hi Mike,

the migrated site is on the test system and we still have the the production sys running, when the user uses the access the production system he does not get this error message, but when accessing the test he gets this error.

Thanks  

Thursday, May 5, 2011 12:09 PM