MDT Stopped working all of a sudden, will not deploy without error. RRS feed

• Question

• Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259  0x80004005    LiteTouch    11/05/2016 2:00:07 PM    0 (0x0000)

Alex Olver

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 4:08 AM

Answers

• In most cases with logs this would have been easy to diagnose.  At the very least we could have seen where it failed.  Without context an error message doesn't give much information.  I am glad you were able to finally figure out the issue however.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: <a href="https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ef0a9119-63b6-45ae-a871-866ea62ee3e8/mdt-technet-forum-faq-getting-started-guide?forum=mdt"> MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide</a> Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

• Marked as answer by brimanyo Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:22 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:20 AM

All replies

• Will you post a link to your logs? Did anything change?

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 2:35 PM
  • Nothing had changed, something happened to my WSUS server seeing if that is related.

Thanks.

Alex Olver

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:47 PM
  • Logs will give some clue.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:52 PM
  • IF you are still having problems, please copy the bdd.log and Smsts.log file to a public site like OneDrive and share the link here.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, May 13, 2016 5:37 AM
  • Thanks Keith, all sorted it was a registry entry trying to be removed that did not exist.

Alex Olver

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 10:32 PM
  • Thanks Keith, all sorted it was a registry entry trying to be removed that did not exist.

Alex Olver

So something did change ;)

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:04 PM
  • Well yes it did but it was nothing something I changed... I was building a reference image so not sure if a registry entry got changed doing that.

Alex Olver

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:08 PM
  • In most cases with logs this would have been easy to diagnose.  At the very least we could have seen where it failed.  Without context an error message doesn't give much information.  I am glad you were able to finally figure out the issue however.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: <a href="https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ef0a9119-63b6-45ae-a871-866ea62ee3e8/mdt-technet-forum-faq-getting-started-guide?forum=mdt"> MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide</a> Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

• Marked as answer by brimanyo Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:22 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:20 AM