none
Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VmSwitch cannot be found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Good day!

Anyone now how to solve the error below? Thanks in advance!

Alexander.V

Saturday, December 16, 2017 2:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Assuming the operating system to be windows 2012 R2 there is a hotfix for the same

Install hotfix KB3031598

This problem occurs because the VmSwitch assumes that the default processor for VMQ is zero (0) when it performs VMQ allocation. This causes some network adapter drivers to reject the allocation and generate Error 113.

Regards,
    Bala

Saturday, December 16, 2017 2:52 PM
  • Hi, Thanks and I also found this on previously. Unfortunately the HyperV I am using is HyperV 2016.

Alexander.V

Saturday, December 16, 2017 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

Then you can disable the VMQ for the less critical VMs or less network intense VMs. Because, the VMQ queue is exhausted.

you can check the number of VMQs offered by the NIC by running the following powershell cmdlt

gwmi –Namespace “root\virtualization\v2” –Class Msvm_VirtualEthernetSwitch | selectelementname, MaxVMQOffloads

you can also check the number of queues using the following cmdlt

Get-NetAdapterVMQQueue

you can compare and get the difference in the queues

Accordingly you can disable the VMQs in the VMs

Regards,
    Bala

Saturday, December 16, 2017 3:35 PM
  • Hi Bala,

I think the VMQ is not exhausted because I have only ONE virtual machine in this test environment.

Alexander.V

Saturday, December 16, 2017 8:06 PM
  • Hi,

Still you can check the number of VMQs supported by the physical NIC from OEM and compare with the used VMQ queue. If you are using multiple vNICs in single VM and if you have vNICs used by the host operating system will also be counted

Regards,
    Bala

Monday, December 18, 2017 5:06 AM
  • Hello Alexander,

Where did you retrieve this event log? It looks like that the event log was got from a remote computer, not the Hyper-V host.

Could you please get the event log for Event ID 113, and check out the detailed description for this event?

Based on the current event log, it said clearly that 'The description for Event ID 113 from source Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VmSwitch cannot be found', not the Vmswtich can't be found.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 18, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Hi,

Did you ever resolve the issue of the 113 events being logged please?

I am getting the same errors on a newly built windows server 2016 hyper-v cluster with only 1 x VM.

Thanks,

Emma

Friday, May 18, 2018 3:51 PM
  • I have disabled the VMQ and the error stopped.

Alexander.V

• Marked as answer by Alexander-V Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:38 PM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:38 PM