windows seven stuck at starting windows screen and never works RRS feed

• Question

• hi, so my pc was running just fine until one day when i tried to turn my pc on it was just stuck on the starting windows screen, i even left it on overnight and all day to see if it would work and it didnt. so i have no idea how to fix it. its windows 7 home premium, and is hp pavilion g laptop with intel i3 processer. i have searched through forums and nothing has helped to make it work it just never runs its stuck there forever and i cant access anything on that pc
    Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, you can  try to repair your Windows 7 systems to login:

Restart Computer and continue to click F8, you would enter into WIN RE, choose the repair computer option--->System Recovery Optionsà Select the Startup Repair option. Then Startup Repair will now scan your computer to attempt to find and fix any startup problems.

After repair computer, I would suggest you to put the computer in Clean Boot and check which non Microsoft program is causing the issue. To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Finally, after you fix it up, you can make Steps for Normal startup:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. Type msconfig, and then click OK. The System Configuration Utility dialog box is displayed.

3. Click the General tab, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, and then click OK.

4. When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.

You may also install the latest display drivers and device drivers compatible for Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First, you can  try to repair your Windows 7 systems to login:

Restart Computer and continue to click F8, you would enter into WIN RE, choose the repair computer option--->System Recovery Optionsà Select the Startup Repair option. Then Startup Repair will now scan your computer to attempt to find and fix any startup problems.

After repair computer, I would suggest you to put the computer in Clean Boot and check which non Microsoft program is causing the issue. To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Finally, after you fix it up, you can make Steps for Normal startup:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. Type msconfig, and then click OK. The System Configuration Utility dialog box is displayed.

3. Click the General tab, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, and then click OK.

4. When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.

You may also install the latest display drivers and device drivers compatible for Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Hello

I had the same problem and knocked my brains out LOL 2 hours

to find that i had a sd card in memory card reader

removed it  BINGO problem fixed.. seems like one cannot leave sd memory card in the slot

If you have a build in card reader " please check it " worked for me

Cw

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:56 AM
  • I have the same problem, I had preformed the Startup Repair. But it seems the problem can't be solved.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:37 AM
  • Do you know who manufactured the hard drive in the laptop?

You can find out by going into the bios.

Go to the manufacturers website.

Download the disk checking tool that you can burn to a bootable CD.

Boot to the CD. You may need to set the boot order in bois, or press F12 during POST.

Run the disk check.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:17 AM
  • I can't start up the repair or safe mode or anything, I'm stuck with the VERY start of the computer system. (Starting windows)............. Nothing will open, nothing will come up except black and white words and screens. **ck me if I have to get a new computer. I unplugged the power cable as my computer...froze. And I can't do nothing on this...thing. I'll never be able to use my mouse again.
    Monday, December 16, 2013 12:36 PM
  • Genius!  Removing the sd card fixed my issue.   Thank you cw420 for saving me hours and possibly a trip to the computer technician.
    Monday, December 30, 2013 4:13 PM