Design considerations for external access - Skype4b RRS feed

• Question

• Need to Know the important points on skype4 b external issues
    Saturday, May 27, 2017 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Khoj Sahiwala,

For Skype for business server, the required component for external access is the Edge server.

When you deploying Edge server, it requires two network adapters, one the internal, the other one for external, and you can’t join Edge server to domain, it needs workgroup environment.

The following blog describes how to deploy Edge server, please refer to
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn933903.aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Monday, May 29, 2017 2:21 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, May 29, 2017 4:21 PM
    Monday, May 29, 2017 2:21 AM
  • Hi,

In addition to technet article provided above, you can also refer below documents to know about the "important points" you asked for.

1. Check Preparation section on this article to know about the main points.

2. For detailed reasoning, click here.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. Thanks.

Monday, May 29, 2017 5:41 AM
  • thanks
    Monday, May 29, 2017 6:40 AM
  • Issue..

Mobility does not work .. Lync 2013 Connectivity analyzer gives issue at Lyncdiscover record and on detailed analysis it is found that it is searching for internal record for pool fqdn instead of EXT web services url. Can ping lyncdiscover as well as Ext web services record as both are same and Cname

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:19 AM
  • Hi Khoj,

Did you deploy reverse proxy for your environment.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:19 AM
  • Yes.. it has been deployed.. I understand something is missing on this which is making the lyncdiscover record to internal SFB pool . I now have limited access to proxy server and pinointing the exact issue is more desirable. I know some route or record is playing wrong here..

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:40 AM