My Windows 7 premium doesn't shut off and I can't uninstall programs, such as Windows Live RRS feed

• Question

• This occured for the 1st time yesterday and the answers I've read are far too technical for me to attempt a 'fix' myself with the knowledge it gave me.  What do you suggest.  By the way, my warantee just ran out last week and I'm not a happy camper!
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 3:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to know what you installed recently. Did you receive any error message? Did you close all programs before shutting off?

Since the issue occurred recently, you can perform system restore to check if it can resolve the issue. If not, please update the latest driver of the devices, run SFC and check disk to check the result.

1. Click Start -> type CMD in the search box -> right click CMD and run as administrator.

2. Type the following commands:

sfc /scannow

chkdsk /f /r

3. You may need to restart the computer to check disk.

4. If the issue persists, please help me collect the related log in Event Viewer.

Regarding the uninstall program, please run the following command and upload CPL.TXT from C drive.

CD C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

DIR *.CPL > C:\CPL.TXT

How to Remove a Uninstall Entry in Programs and Features for Vista and Windows 7

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/86721-programs-features-remove-uninstall-entry.html

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:42 AM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:04 AM